Here you will find various reminders for our school week. If there's anything on here that you need more clarification on then please contact me regarding this.
The children have PE with Mr Butcher on a Tuesday afternoon. For this they need to make sure that they have the appropriate kit in school with appropriate footwear. If they don't have this in school, they may not be able to participate in the activities.
COVID-19 - Children must now come into school in their PE kits on their assigned days - no PE bags allowed on site.
Homework is set on a Wednesday every week and should then be returned by the following Monday, so the children have almost a whole week to complete what has been given. The only time this will change is if the children have a special project to complete in replacement of the usual set homework.
Just like homework, spellings are also set weekly and tested the following week. Your child will have spellings based on which group they are in. It is really important that they practice these at home and really think about what the word means so that they can eventually begin to use this correctly within their writing.
It is really important that the children are consistently reading at home, either independently or to someone else. If you could keep a record of this in their reading records/diaries then this helps me to keep track of their progress at home. Children should be exposed to a range of different types of text and where you can ask them questions to check that they are understanding what it is that they're reading.
Questions such as:
- Can you summarize what happened in the previous chapter?
- Can you predict what you think might happen next?
- How has this character changed compared to the start of the book?
- Is there a message in this story? What is it?
- How do you think the author/illustrator is trying to make you feel?
- What do you think this book is about?
- Can you use three sentences to summarize the beginning, middle and end of the story?