Well we are now into our second week back to school after home learning! We had such a fun week last week with lots of fun activities around our Alice in Wonderland themed WOW day - see photographs for some ideas of what we got up to! The children have definitely settled in really well and are getting to grips with the school day again.
A couple of things that have slightly changed to make you aware of:
- PE is now on a Tuesday only so make sure your child is in PE kit on this day. They will only need to wear kit on a Wednesday if there is a dance day scheduled (this will be put in the newsletter if there is one coming up).
- When homework starts getting set again, we will be making the most of using Seesaw and setting it on there to be completed each week by the children. We won't start doing this again until after Easter.
- We are now holding a couple of lunchtimes clubs during the week - Origami club on a Monday and Podcast club on a Wednesday.
Thank you for all your continued support throughout home learning. I was so unbelievably proud of how well the children did and there was some fantastic work completed - please see the 'celebrating home learning' tab to check out some of the amazing work (there's lots to see!).
Any questions/worries/concerns, then as always please contact me - preferably by email as it can be quite tricky at the start/end of the day with the current situation.
Can you believe a new school year has come around so quickly?! Although this year definitely seems to have a different feel to it!
A couple of reminders for how the school day shall run as of September in line with COVID-19 guidelines:
- The children will be collected from their designated drop-off time of 08:45 at the main school gate.
- The children will be collected from school at 3:15 - so we are lucky because school times for us don't change!
- On days where the children have PE, they are required to come into school in their PE kits. We don't want any PE bags in classrooms at this time.
- Children are permitted to only bring essential items into school - water bottle, packed lunch, coat (if needed) and wellies. No bags with unnecessary items to be allowed into school (toys, pencil cases etc.)
- We are in a bubble with Class 4, so we will spend break and lunch-times with them on our assigned area of the field.
- The children are required to eat in their classrooms at lunch time and will all go out together onto the field when they are finished.
Any questions about these, please email me.
I am really excited to see the children and have my classroom full of fun and laughter again!